What is Kambo?
Kambo, also known as Sapo, is an old traditional remedy from the Amazon region, which is obtained from the two-coloured giant lemon frog (lat. Pylomedusa Bicolor). Kambo, is the waxy secretion of this frog and has been used by the indigenous people for centuries as a natural tonic, taken before hunting and to purify the organism and mind. Colloquially, the Kambo ritual is also called jungle vaccination because of its long list of positive effects. The secretion of the frog has been used since ancient times by tribes in South America, such as the Matsés and Kaxinawa, to prepare the hunters of the tribe for the upcoming hunt and for the young men for initiation, i.e. as a rite of passage from child to adult. According to the indigenous people, Kambo sharpens the senses, increases strength, energy and endurance and makes people more resistant. It has a physical effect and is not a psychedelic drug, but a natural remedy and legal in Germany!
How it works?
Kambo is used by many indigenous people in the Amazon region because of its cleansing, clearing and harmonizing properties on a physical, emotional, mental and spiritual level. According to them, it is one of the strongest natural resources for strengthening the immune system. The frog secretion is used by the indigenous people as a natural antibiotic and for pain relief. On the physical level, Kambo is used to strengthen the immune system and as a natural anti-inflammatory. Responsible for this healing effect are the peptides that are contained in the frog secretion. The Italian scientist Vittorio Erspamer, was the first person to study the frog secretion in a laboratory in 1986. It his work it says: "Kambo contains a fantastic chemical cocktail of potential medicinal benefits, unlike any other known amphibian”. Since then, researchers have identified twelve of these bioactive amino acids. One of these, biopeptides, plays an important role in Alzheimer's disease, strokes and depression, while another, adenoregulin, is considered one of the most powerful natural antibiotics. In relation to Kambo, positive effects have been reported in migraine, Alzheimer's disease, Lyme disease, herpes, candida, rheumatism, hepatitis, hypertension, joint diseases and chronic pain. Kambo is also reported to help eliminate pathogens such as fungal infections, parasites, viruses and bacteria, heavy metals and other toxins. Scientific proof is currently lacking, but the frog secretion has aroused great scientific interest. Many of the peptides it contains have been successfully synthesized and patented in the laboratory. There are currently over 60 patents on individual components of the secretion, mainly in the USA. If you want to take a closer look at the scientific side of Kambo, here are some of the most important peptides: Phyllomedusine, Phyllokinine and Phyllomedusine, Caeruleine and Sauvagine, Dermorphine, Deltorphine, Adenoreguline, Dermaseptine, Bradykinine, Bombesine, Ceruleine and Triptofiline.
On the mental, emotional and spiritual level, it is reported that Kambo can increase motivation, mental focus and concentration and can positively support mild anxiety, depression, burnout and lack of drive and dissolve negative moods and thought patterns. Kambo can help you to find back to your natural stability, clarity and balance. The intensive ritual can also assist you to come back to yourself and release old blockades.
A beautiful proverb says: Kambo, circulates in the heart and brings you closer to yourself, to your source. If you allow it, it can create a very deep and direct connection to your heart and to your intuition and strengthen the love for yourself - (author unknown)
As preparation please follow the listed points:
- Do not eat for at least 8 hours before the treatment (- this is why the treatment usually done early in the day).
- No alcohol or other drugs for at least 24 hours before the treatment.
- On the day before, we recommend that you drink plenty of water and eat only light foods such as fresh/steamed vegetables, fruit, soups, quinoa, fish or chicken. Avoid sugar and foods that are very high in fats and carbohydrates.
- Think about why you want to receive the treatment. It is good to have an intention - this is helpful for the specific effect of Kambo e.g. I let go and I invite. Try to stay in an open position during the session and be ready to let go.
- During the treatment itself, the top layer of the skin is removed (dots) with a glowing piece of wood (Tambshi), onto which the secretion is applied. This is only a short pain and the dots are disinfected and heal very quickly. As Kambo works through the lymphatic system, the dots are made near an area where lymphatic channels are located - often on the upper arm. After the secretion has been applied, intense physical reactions appear within a short time, such as hot flushes, vomiting. Also strong emotions can occur. Letting go of the old and feeling safe at the same time will help you to experience Kambo to the fullest. After 20 - 30 minutes the intensive part is over and you can lie down, rest and integrate your experience.
It is important ...
...that you do not see Kambo as a miracle cure that solves all your problems. Clarify your physical and psychological complaints with a specialist doctor or psychotherapist. The treatment is to be understood as self-awareness and not as a healing treatment. I do not make any promises of healing of any kind. A Kambo session is solely on your own responsibility and you must be physically and mentally able to do take part.
Kambo is an intensive and physically demanding experience and not suitable if you:
- have serious heart problems, Addison's disease, aneurysm or blood clots, or if you suffer from epilepsy.
- had strokes and cerebral haemorrhages in the past.
- Are taking medication (immunosuppressants) after organ transplantation or for low blood pressure
- are pregnant or still breastfeeding (first 6 months).
- had major surgery in the last 6 months or chemotherapy in the last 4 weeks.
- suffer from serious psychological problems (depression, PTSD and anxiety are not included)
- are currently menstruating. There are different opinions to whether or not it is okay to take Kambo during menstruation. I don't recommend a session, because the energy of Kambo rises strongly upwards, into the head, thus counteracting the downward flowing energy that occurs during menstruation. This could lead to dizziness or even fainting.
- are under 18 years old.
My name is Maik and I live in beautiful city of Leipzig. My passions are movement, traveling and discovering nature. Born in 1977, I have been engaged in my own and people's personal development for many years. When coming in touch with Kambo several years ago, I was immediately faszinated by the clarity and healing power of this substance. I am grateful to have been able to do my Kambo practitioner training in the frogs home - the Peruvian jungle, at Kambo Naturista.
My goal is to support you and your process in the best possible way. e
Prices & Contact
- Kambo - Cycle of 3 - Sessions 410€
When receiving Kambo from me the first time, we always start with a tripple cycle.
- Kambo-Session (ca. 1.5 h) 140€
Single sessions can be arranged for people who have received Kambo from me before.
- (optional) Gestalt-therapeutic coaching / Breathwork (approx. 60min) 80€
Do you want to clarify your intention and go more in-depth in your process.
Do you want to book a session or do you still have a question?
Mobil: 0157 – 585 47 437
The session will take place in Leipzig. Where exactly, we will of course discuss beforehand. I live in the center of Leipzig.